Water is an element of life since no life can thrive without its sufficient intake. Plants are living things and need water to grow well and reproduce. Water filter systems use a biological or chemical process or a fine physical barrier to remove impurities from water. Plants like human beings and animals also require clean water. This article focuses on why pure water is essential for plants, how pure water helps plants, advantages of using pure water in gardening and a few models of water filtration systems. You will discover that these systems form a critical component of any successful gardening.
Why is pure water essential for plants?
Water is essential in the following processes during the growth and development of crops.
- Distribution of nutrients: Every section of the plant requires a constant supply of various nutrients to support proper growth. Clean water is more efficient in assisting the plant to transport nutrients.
- Support system: Plants will always shrink when it is too hot. Water assists in making sure that the support system of the leaves and stems are strong. Clean water is more efficient because it will be evenly distributed into the plant.
- Transpiration: Plants loose excess water into the atmosphere through tiny holes on their leaves referred to as stomata. The evaporation produces a cooling effect around the crop that balances its temperature. The cells of the crop may begin to die if the temperature is too high. Clean water ensures that there are no impurities in the stomata to block the evaporation process.
- Photosynthesis: Pure water enhances the process through which plants manufacture their food. Plants require water to manufacture carbohydrates that supplies energy throughout the plant. Use of insufficient or dirty water may not allow crops to manufacture enough food that will sustain its growth.
Advantages of using pure water in Gardening
- Most plants are meant for consumption by either human beings or animals. Use of dirty water can get impurities into the plant. Such toxins may render the plant unsafe for human and animal consumption.
- The gardener will spend less time and money in treating the plant
- No diseases to human beings as a result of consuming unhygienic plants
- Reduce the life cycle of plants and enhance productivity because the crops mature faster
- Maximize returns to investment
Here are some of the common water filtration systems that you can apply in your gardening
- De-chlorinator filers
- Tall Boy (Upgraded KDF)
- Reverse osmosis (RO) filter
- Small boy (Upgraded KDF)
- Portable water filter
- Re-evolution Pre-filter for Evolution-RO 1000
- Whole house water filter
- Big Boy Extra Flow DECHLORINATOR/Sediment Filter
- Small boy (De-chlorinator)
- Tall Boy (OUTDOOR-DECHLORINATOR)
- Gro green garden hose water filter
- Big Boy (Extra-Flow Upgraded KDF)
- Stealth RO 200 Filter (Upgraded KDF85)